Sunday, November 23, 2014

Duelling Coasts
These five fabulous harbours will have you loving all of Canada


The Calgary Herald and canada.com
- November 9, 2013

"Psst!  Wanna buy a fish?" The peaceful dock at Quadra Island, B.C., was the last place I expected to be approached by a malnourished fish dealer with a nicotine habit. When he sidled up to me, the word "fish" was about the last thing I would have expected to hear. All kinds of questions sprang to mind. What kind of fish? Was it legal? If so, why the shady inquiry? If not, did I look like I needed an illegal fish? By the time I decided to ask, he had vanished.  

On a whirlwind 10-day trip to meet and reconnect with our extended families living on the Atlantic and the Pacific coasts, my partner and I felt like we were on our own version of The Amazing Race - Canada. Here are the highlights of the five harbours we visited - Halifax, Nova Scotia; Saint John, New Brunswick; Victoria, British Columbia; Nanaimo, British Columbia; Quadra Island, British Columbia. 
                      

No comments: